23rd International Conference on Optical Fiber Sensors OFS23
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 10, 2014
|The Proceedings of this conference are published in the SPIE Digital Library along with over 370,000 papers from other outstanding conferences and SPIE Journals.
The International Conference on 'Optical Fibre Sensors', OFS, is acknowledged as the world's leading conference on all topics related to photonic sensing technologies. OFS has provided a vibrant forum for reporting the latest advances in fibre-optic and photonic sensing technologies and related devices, as well as it has fostered the exchange of knowledge and ideas within the research and industrial communities. The conference series is held every eighteen months, in rotation between North America, Europe and Asia.
After 22 editions the twenty-third OFS conference, OFS23, arrives for the first time to Spain. It will be held from Monday 2nd – to Friday 6th June 2014 in Santander (Cantabria) one of the most beautiful, cultural and touristic cities of North Spain.
OFS23 will offer invited talks, tutorials and contributed paper presentations both in oral and poster sessions, special sessions, and an exhibition of commercial products, as well as social and cultural events.
You are welcome to join us in Santander!
Main Scope and Topics
The conference scope covers all aspects related to sensing using light with special focus on fiber optic and guided-wave sensing devices, systems, theories and techniques for research and applications in industrial, life sciences, medical, oil & gas, civil engineering, materials and defense industries, among others. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to the following:
• Physical, Mechanical, and Electromagnetic Sensors
• Chemical, Environmental, Biological and Medical Sensors and Biophotonics
• Interferometric and Polarimetric Sensors including Gyroscopes
• Micro- and Nano-structured Fiber Sensors including the Photonic Crystal Fibers and Gratings Sensors
• Multiplexing and Sensor Networking
• Distributed Sensing
• Smart Structures and Sensors including the SHM systems
• Sensor Application, Field Tests and Standardization
• New fibers, Devices and Subsystems for Photonic Sensing including the ones for security and defence
• New Concepts for Photonic Sensing
Conference Language: English
The Organizing Committee, Photonics Engineering Group, the University of Cantabria and their approved representatives cannot take responsibility for any accident, loss or damage to participants or to their property during the conference.